Lachha Tokri- Chaat in a crunchy edible bowl!
Papdi Chaat is an Indian fast food made from crispy wafers, potatoes, boiled peas, seasoned yogurt and sauces. These chaat filled crispy layered potato baskets are a perfect evening snack and are quite easy to make.
Ingredients (to make the bowl)
2 medium sized potatoes
2 tbsp corn starch
2 metal tea strainers
Oil for frying
1. Peel the potatoes and grate thickly. Squeeze out the water from the grated potatoes.
2. Add the corn starch and mix it well in the potatoes.
3. Divide the potatoes in 5 equal portions.
4. Place one portion in a tea strainer (channi) and spread on all sides of the strainer.
5. Press on top with another strainer and if you have any metal string, tie them together from the handles.
6. Holding the strainers and pressing firmly deep-fry in hot oil, over a medium heat till the potato basket is golden brown. The strainers (channis) should be dipped completely and properly in oil.
7. Remove the strainers from the oil & tap the strainers softly to unmould the basket.
8. Repeat the steps to make all the baskets. Keep aside.
Now use the potato baskets as the bowls and fill it with the delicious potato, yogurt stuffing with chutneys.
The recipe of stuffing
- Recipe by Vaishali Sharma
For more recipes, visit www.zestyflavors.com or visithttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Zestyflavors-Adding-Zest-to-your-Cooking/145518712165348
Also “Like” Zestyflavors on Facebook