Tax officers can issue certificates to avoid taking TDS from NRIs



I am a non-resident India (NRI) and I have a property in India. I am planning to sell the property as I am planning to buy a higher-value property. Will I have to pay Tax Deducted at Source (TDS)? Can I apply for nil TDS certificate? What do I need to do? Kindly explain.—Rajant

Taxability on sale of immovable property: Sale of property situated in India will be taxable in the year of sale of property.

Click here to read more…